I am truly humbled by the outpouring of friendship, encouragement, praise, and unconditional help that I have received from all of my blogging friends since that day months ago when I typed “blogging” into the Google search engine to see what this phenomenon was all about. Never did I think that I would anxiously await emails each day to see what everyone thought of my latest photographic endeavour nor did I anticipate the pleasure I would get out of following other people’s truly amazing blogs. I know that I have not explored even a minuscule fraction of the blogs on WordPress, but I am so glad that I have found the blogs that I have because they have resulted in a lot of new friendships.
Now, you would think I would get better at this by now, but I am terribly behind on acknowledging awards, and for that I must apologize to the people who awarded me with them.
First, I want to thank Suzanne of http://awindowintothewoods.com/ and Dor of http://countryliving4beginners.wordpress.com/ for both awarding me the Awesome Blog Content Award (ABC Award). Their blogs are two of my most favourite that I follow on a regular basis, and I’m so happy that they received this award too because they really deserve it. The rules for the ABC Award are:
- Add the logo to your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Pass the award forward to other worthy bloggers. There are no limits to how many you can nominate
- Share 26 things about yourself in alphabetical order.
It’s so hard to pick who to give awards to because so many have received them already, and I don’t want to annoy anybody. Plus, I always feel like I’m leaving out someone amazing. So, with those things in mind, here are the awesome blogs I would like to award with the ABC Award:
- Gary at http://krikitarts.wordpress.com/ for having a fantastic blog and for being so helpful all the time
- Tammy at http://tadams4u.wordpress.com/ for keeping me laughing every day
- Steve at http://portraitsofwildflowers.wordpress.com/ for helping me learn more about flowers with his stunning wildflower photos
- http://ayearofpics.wordpress.com/ who has the same problem I do – trying to find time to learn about photography while raising a family
- Arnel at http://allthingsboys.wordpress.com/ who I can also relate to because she lives in a house full of teenage boys
- A – addicted to chocolate
- B – my books are my favourite possessions and I have never thrown any out
- C – many people think I am crazy, and I am proud of it!
- D – very dedicated to my family
- E – tend to be a very emotional person
- F – my favourite genre in literature is fantasy
- G – amateur genealogist
- H – the thing I hate the most is when someone lies to me
- I – intelligent
- J – love to joke around
- K – I have kainotophobia – fear of change
- L – love to laugh
- M – one of my favourite things to do on the weekend is to go to the movies
- N – ok, I admit it, I’m a neat freak
- O – obsessed with organizing things (let’s see if TBM reads this one and makes a crack about it)
- P – pretty easy to get along with (I think – my husband may disagree)
- Q – I’m a quadragenarian (between the ages of 40 and 49)
- R – rock is my favourite type of music
- S – was really, really shy as a child
- T – wish I could travel to a different place in the world every year
- U – unconditional love for my boys
- V – love any books or tv shows to do with vampires (I know, many of you are laughing now)
- W – witty
- X – xanthippe – my husband and son thought they would be funny by suggesting this one. It means ill-tempered woman. I will go and beat them now!!!
- Y – young at heart
- Z – pretty zany most of the time
Phew, that was really hard!! So, for my other two awards I am going to cheat and just thank the people who nominated me because my brain is dead now. I hope you don’t mind.
I want to thank J.G. Burdette at http://jgburdette.wordpress.com/ for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award. I love to learn about history, and he never fails to teach me something fascinating from history that I have never heard about before.
Last, I want to thank Dorothy at http://countryliving4beginners.wordpress.com/ from the bottom of my heart for giving me the One Lovely Blog Award. Dor is one of the sweetest and kindest people I have met since I started blogging, and she has just started a new blog about country life. She is an excellent writer, and she makes me smile :).
Well, I think I’m up to date now! Time to clean a couple of bathrooms (yuck), and then I’m going to spend the rest of the afternoon reading about my new camera. Something you might find interesting is that I actually had to exchange my new toy on Friday night because it absolutely refused to communicate with any computer in my house. The people at Canon said this was not a common problem at all, and the salespeople at the store had never heard of it happening. Oh well, everything is fine now, and I really can’t complain because that is the first problem I have ever had with a digital camera that I have purchased, and I have had many cameras. Have a great day everyone!!