Over the last several weeks I have been honoured with three more blogging awards which have caused me to overflow with pride. There is no better feeling than praise from your peers, especially when they are so incredibly talented and you are a person like me whose self confidence level is not always the highest and definitely benefits from a boost now and again.
Unfortunately, my busy life (work, family, and too many hobbies) has caused me to be a little slow at giving my thanks for these awards, so I am going to have to break the rules and combine all of my thanks into one post, and I hope the people who have nominated me for these awards will forgive me if I don’t nominate other blogs for the awards right now. To be perfectly honest, I am having such a difficult time keeping up with my own blog and the resulting emails in response to my posts as well as the other blogs that I follow, that I have not started following any new blogs lately, and I have already nominated most of the blogs that I currently follow for awards in the past.
First and foremost, I would to thank Meg from Meg Travels for nominating me for the 7×7 Link Award. I truly appreciate it. I always look forward to Meg’s posts because they allow me to travel vicariously through her, and her photos are gorgeous!! Visit her blog – you won’t be disappointed!
I also want to give heartfelt thanks to Jeff from Jeff Sinon Photography and Rick from Rick Diffley Photography for each nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. They both say they are just amateurs, but they are definitely professionals in my eyes. Their work is exquisite. An extra special hug goes to Jeff for always giving me so much support and help with my photography questions. You are truly a special person!
Now, so that I am not totally ignoring all award rules, I will tell you 7 things about me:
- I have started and stopped many hobbies during my lifetime, but my favourite hobby has always been and will always be reading.
- In keeping with #1, I have never thrown out a book. They are like prized possessions to me, and nothing thrills me more than turning the first page of a new book.
- I wish I could quit my job, so that I would have time to pursue my hobbies more fully.
- I have been at the same job for 24 years, and I really, really need a change!!
- Photography gives me a great sense of accomplishment and pride. I love what I have learned to create with my camera.
- I am generally a very happy person and a wee bit crazy, and I’m proud of it. One of my favourite sayings when I do crazy things (or what my kids think are crazy anyway) is “I may be getting older, but I’m not dead yet!!”
- I admit that I am very addicted to my iPhone and my iPad, but I’m ok with that addiction and don’t need a support group! Well, not yet anyway. 🙂